Re: Audio player error (amarok)

> Marc is correct. I had the same problem. With the
> 2.4 kernel you must find
> the correct modules and load them. I never did get
> ALSA to work properly
> under the 2.4 kernel. So, I am not the right person
> to help further..... I
> solved my problems by moving to the 2.6 kernel,
> which, as Marc said, has the
> modules built in.

Based on Marc's information, I installed the
additional module for the 2.4 kernel, then ran
alsaconf. The sound card was properly detected and
installed. The ALSA engine is now functioning properly
and, after pointing amarok in the right direction, I
got that app to work as well. Thanks Marc and others
for your help.

J. Merritt

http://www.yahoo.com/r/hs