Re: Moved to sarge: Great, but no sound!

Jon Dowland wrote:

On Fri, Oct 07, 2005 at 05:39:50PM +0200, Hendrik Sattler wrote:
Louis Woods wrote:
Now my only problem is that (same as above) I have to rerun alsaconf
everytime I reboot. Any solutions to how this can be fixed would be
grand.
Well, why should anyone here guess for you? You give NO details about
loaded modules before/after alsaconf or anything else!

You're right, he didn't and neither did I. I assume that you know the
answer to our problem and just want us to work a bit harder before
you'll give it, otherwise you wouldn't be posting on this thread :)

Exactly the same modules are loaded before and after this stage.

I don't know if this will solve your problem, but it worked for me:
After "alsactl store" didn't help (actually it maybe did, but I didn't notice - see below) I started playing around with the sound plugins of XMMS. Sidenote: all the time I was only testing sound with the XMMS-Player. Anyway, I had a look at the plugins under Options/Preferences/Audio IO Plugins/Output Plugin and saw that the Output Plugin was set to "ALSA 1.2.10 output plugin [libALSA.so]". I changed the Output Plugin to "eSound Output Plugin 1.2.10 [libesdout.so]" and since then it all works they way I want. I don't know why the alsa plugin isn't working, but for me this solved the problem. Also Gnome-Sounds are working and rebooting isn't a problem anymore.

Louis