Re: pesky network connectivity on Dell PowerEdge 1850

I tried one more thing since I posted this. I installed an old 3com NIC, the system recognized it and loaded the 3c59x module. I get the same behavior, though--services (SSH and HTTP) start up OK, then after a little while, stop responding. The NIC is pingable during these outages, but I cannot open a socket to either service from a host connected to the same switch. I can open a socket to both from the localhost, either to eth0's address, or to 127.0.0.1, and sometimes (though not always) I can open a socket from another client which is connecting over the internet. Services usually become available again after 1-30 minutes.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
Orville