Re: module psmouse missing on boot, mouse doesn't work.

On Tue, Oct 04, 2005 at 11:30:54AM +0200, Søren Christensen wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I've had some troubles with my mouse, after most reboots it wouldn't
> work, only after some (>1) dpkg-reconfigure xserver-xfree86 and reboots
> and stopping and restarting gdm several times, it would come to life.
>
> During a reboot now i just saw this message:
> ide-detect ide-disk psmouse modprobe: can't locate module psmouse
>
> I think that is the fault. Where do I find that module, and how can I
> make it a part of my installation.

Did you compile your own kernel?  If not, the psmouse module should be in
/lib/modules/[version]/kernel/drivers/input/mouse/psmouse.ko
If you can't find it there, you may need to reinstall kernel-image or
linux-image.

--
What's this stuff about people being "released on their own recognizance"?
Aren't we all out on our own recognizance?