On quotas

So, I need to enable quotas for all users who have accounts in the /export partition (yes, I have used Solaris before and am kinda used to some of their way of doing things). Googling around, I found the page http://www.eyrie.org/~eagle/notes/debian/quotas.html. In it, the author mentioned the 2.0 quota database did not like quotaon. Has anyone experienced that too?

Second, what is better: do a groupwise quota or one per user?