Re: Moved to sarge: Great, but no sound!

Louis Woods wrote:
> I don't know if this will solve your problem, but it worked for me:
> After "alsactl store" didn't help (actually it maybe did, but I didn't
> notice - see below) I started playing around with the sound plugins of
> XMMS. Sidenote: all the time I was only testing sound with the
> XMMS-Player. Anyway, I had a look at the plugins under
> Options/Preferences/Audio IO Plugins/Output Plugin and saw that the
> Output Plugin was set to "ALSA 1.2.10 output plugin [libALSA.so]". I
> changed the Output Plugin to "eSound Output Plugin 1.2.10
> [libesdout.so]" and since then it all works they way I want. I don't
> know why the alsa plugin isn't working, but for me this solved the
> problem. Also Gnome-Sounds are working and rebooting isn't a problem
> anymore.

Sure, if you use an ENS-1371 card, that only support one channel, and you run
ESD, then a normal ALSA output will wait. In this case:
a) use alsa's dmix plugin
b) use esd (as above)
c) disable esd

For the gnome-mixer effects: maybe it is still set to the old driver and needs
a configuration reset.

HS

        oder über pgp.net