Re: IDE controller card recommendation

Quoting Mariusz Kruk <kruk@rdc.pl>:

Fred napisał(a):
I'm not going to answer about the right controller (dont have RAID
experience) but IIRC can you can only have four IDE controllers in
one system (Primary, Secondary, Tertiary & Quartinary) so your total
will be 8 drives including the CD-ROM?

Only if they are seen as IDE controllers from computer's point of
view. You could, for example get Promise Supertrak SX6000 and have
more ide controllers.

Does that mean that if I plug in the two cards I cannot use the four new
channels in addition to the two onboard channels?  Is there any way around
that?

-Roberto

--
Roberto C. Sanchez