Re: IDE controller card recommendation

Quoting Josh Battles <josh.lists@omg-stfu.com>:

Roberto C. Sanchez said:

I would like to use inexpensive cards (~$15-$30) since I will be setting up
software RAID and this is an older server with older drives.  I have
with certain Promise cards under Linux (and I am not happy with that
experience).    Personally, I am just looking to find out what cards people
using and how happy/unhappy they are with said cards.

I've got 2 of these cards in my server at home.  They've been working great
for about 6 months now.

Excellent, I was planning on buying from newegg, so thanks for the specific
product reference.  What driver does it use?  Are you also using the onboard
IDE controllers in conjunction?  How many total drives are connected to all
your controllers?

Roberto C. Sanchez