Re: gnuplot and PDF

Hello,

Marc Wilson wrote:
On Sun, Sep 25, 2005 at 10:29:35PM +0100, Jerome BENOIT wrote:

does anyone know why the testing gnuplot package does not support PDF output ?

Stable's doesn't, unstable's doesn't, seems logical enough that testing's
wouldn't either, although I no longer have a testing box to check directly.

When has gnuplot ever supported output to PDF?

According to the Documentation,

http://www.gnuplot.info/docs/gnuplot.html#pdf

pdf is one of the possible terminal.

But this possibility is not present in the Debian package,
hence my question.
Nevertheless, I confess that I just decovered gnuplot:
my guess is that pdf is a very new terminal which was
judged not enough stable/mature to the Debian maintainer,
and I would like to know the why before to go further
in my stuff.

I guess the answer to your "why doesn't it?" question is simply "the
developers haven't seen a reason to do it."

The list of available terminal is so impressive that
it will be very unexpected to not find pdf.

Jerome