Re: More than 2, but less than 3 GiB per process memory?

Bob Proulx wrote:
Malte Cornils wrote:

we've been trying to make a program (ITK/VTK image processing for a
university project) work. Unfortunately, the process needs slightly
above 2 GiB of virtual memory.

When people are that close to the 32-bit limit one of the standard
things I advise folks at work is to port the application to a 64-bit
platform.  If they are so close to the limit it is better to gain
serious room by significantly increasing the size of the limit.

This is good advice in general. Do not push the limits. The boundaries
are where a lot of defects in software hide out. If you start to get
close to *any* limit, it is time to start thinking about reducing
your needs, or expanding the space to the next available boundary.

[snip]

Mike
You have found the bank of Larn.