Re: embedding fonts

Thanks for the info.  I did fix the problem, sort of.  I found that
passing the -Pdownload35 option to dvips causes the fonts to be
embedded.  (LyX uses dvips as part of the process of generating the
PDFs; the preferences dialog has a way to specify adding options like
that.)  I'm kind of unclear what that option does, though - the package
docs don't mention it, and I found lots of references to it online, but
no definition.

I am using the Qt/fontconfig version. I'd still like to know why fonts
suddenly stopped embedding.  I may not realistically have time to track
it down - since it works now (insert image of software being held
together by duct tape :), and there are a lot of other things needing
my attention.  If I figure it out soon I'll post a followup.

Thanks again for the help :)

--
Peace,
Aaron Maxwell - http://redsymbol.net