Re: installing debian on home network

>> I've another box on which I wish to install Debian (again 2.6). I tried
>> to use a netinst CD on this box but it hangs (with no indication of what
>> is happening) after probing hardware. I guess this is when it's trying
>> to detect a network (but why doesn't it fail then offer me to skip this
>> step?); this happens with both linux26 and expert26 boot options.
>
> Try passing the option "acpi=off noapic" to the
> kernel 2.6. You can also try booting with Linux 2.4.

couldn't get the 2.6 option to work (?!) so now trying with 2.4...
surely the 2.6 should work - Googling about seems to imply this issue is
given Debian not so hot a name :(

Thoughts on how to connect machine2 (netinst) to machine1 (full install)
in order to get machine2 fully config-ed most welcome