Re: unable to install from CD: failure to mount once kernel installed

Wackojacko wrote:
Seth Goodman wrote:

From: Wackojacko [mailto:wackojacko32@ntlworld.com]
Sent: Thursday, September 22, 2005 2:52 PM

[snip]

isofs_fill_super: bread failed, dev=hdc, iso_blknum=16, block=16

Googling this error (google is always your friend :) ) suggested that

- you may want to turn DMA off for the drive ' hdparm -d0 /dev/hdc'. May need to install 'hdparm' first.

[snip]

I made the same suggestion that DMA might need to be inhibited,
but he said he didn't think it was possible. It's nice to know that
there *is* a way.

Nice post!

Mike
You have found the bank of Larn.