Re: Newbie wants Firefox and Tbird

Albert wrote:
> Antony Gelberg wrote:
>
>> Joseph Haig wrote:

>>> Firefox and Thunderbird are already in the Debian distribution.  Try:
>>>
>>> $ apt-get install mozilla-firefox mozilla-thunderbird
>>>
>>> ... or install them via aptitude.  Hope this helps.
>>

>> It does, I'm sure, but I think we should teach new users how to fish
>> more, rather than breastfeed them.  No offence intended.
>>
> Oh, my.  I've encountered the newbie police.  I find it extremely
> humorous that someone on Debian, which hides the complexities of Linux,
> struts around mocking newcomers to Debian as if they were newcomers to
> Linux.  For the record, bonehead, I am probably here just long enough to
> install a 2.6.x kernel so that I might use this dist as host for
> building an LFS 6.1 system. My current LFS system is only 5.0.

I don't think there was any need for a personal insult, just because you
didn't read the documentation, which, especially if you are so
experienced with Linux, you should have thought read.

In your original post, you asked to be pointed to the appropriate
documentation.  You were pointed to it and proceeded to hand out
personal insults and sarcasm (I've just seen your reply to Michael).

What is your problem?