Re: Debian Compatable UPS?

Josh Battles writes:
> I would think that a marine deep cycle would be better suited to the
> task...

Only if you expect to have a power failure every day.  Deep cycle batteries
are designed to be deeply discharged with great frequency.  Car batteries
are designed to frequently delivery large amounts of current and be either
on float charge or disconnected most of the time.  The ideal is a standby
power battery, but car batteries are close enough and readily available.

Try to get one that you can add water to and check the electrolyte level
regularly.  It'll last a lot longer.

> If it's in a battery box (preferably metal)...

Battery boxes should be plastic.
--
John Hasler