Re: Advice needed about submitting bugs

On Mon, Sep 19, 2005 at 09:42:23PM +0200, Alberto Zeni wrote:
> Dear Sirs,

There are some Madams here as well. :-)

> So, I wanted to submit all that to Debian bugs tracking system but they
> sent my message back saying that I hadn't specified the bug affected
> package and asked me to submit it again.
> I will be grateful, then if you give me some instruction about the
> Debian Bugs submitting method.

The best way to do this is to use the 'reportbug' package.  So as root do:

apt-get install reportbug

When that is done, as a normal user just run reportbug from the
command line and follow instructions.  You need to specify the package
that you think the bug is related to.  If you don't know what package
to blame, I think in this case you can try xserver-xfree86, but that's
a guess.  If that later turns out to be wrong, it can be adjusted by
the developer of that package.

reportbug will then present you with a list of known possible bugs of
that package.  If you don't like the way this info is presented, you
can visit http://www.debian.org/Bugs/.

I hope that helps.

Public GnuPG key:  http://maurits.vanrees.org/var/gpgkey.asc
"It can seem like you're doing just fine,
but the creep's creeping into your mind." - Neal Morse