Re: still no sound juicer (was Re: Gnome 2.10 going in to etch today)

On Thu, Sep 15, 2005 at 11:17:23PM -0700, Marc Wilson wrote:
> On Thu, Sep 15, 2005 at 01:13:16PM -0400, H.S. wrote:
> > er .. a little question. What packages will be removed if I remove gnome
> > and gnome-desktop-environment. I am guessing since there are
> > metapackages, nothing else will be removed.
>
> Nothing *should* be removed, although apparently if you use aptitude, its
> continuing brokenness will try to remove the rest of Gnome.

aptitude installs gnome when you ask for it; it removes it
when you tell it to remove it.  Yes, that's a lot of packages.
If you want to remove gnome and still keep most of its packages,
well, you'll have to tell aptitude what you want, and not *just* tell
it to remove gnome.

It's pretty clear to me that aptitude would be broken if it *didn't*
try to remove all the things it installed before.

-- hendrik