Re: adventures with window managers

Adam Hardy:

> The problem with gnome is that it stalls on startup for about 3 to 5
> mins with certain window managers: wmaker, uwm, blackbox, icewm

I don't use Gnome but I tried it with IceWM and it didn't stall back
then.

> I think it lies with either gnome-proxy or gnome-session, I'm not sure
> how to find out. Any clues anyone?

No, sorry. But I've read that the current (unstable) version of the
default gnome login scripts don't start gnome-proxy anymore because it
takes so much time to start. Don't know if anyone actually needs it.

J.
--
If I could have anything in the world it would have to be more money.
[Agree]   [Disagree]