X won't start having upgraded from xsever to xorg

Hi,

This is a real emergency. My X won't start now, having
upgraded from xsever to xorg.

Is there any way I can have my X back?

I saw in thread

Routine upgrade of packages tracking etch has hosed
gnome
http://linux.derkeiler.com/Mailing-Lists/Debian/2005-09/1631.html

that there is way to restore using xserver instead of
xorg. I tried to follow it, but wasn't successful.

I removed all xorg and xserver packages and reinstall
xserver from scratch, but still I was forced to
install xorg.

I installed the xorg, try its hardware auto-detection,
again, but still my X won't start. The sypmtom is,
still, the screen gets into graphic mode, with garbage
on it, and the whole system just freeze. I tried
Ctrl-Alt-\, Ctrl-Alt-F?, Ctrl-Alt-Del, nothing worked.

Please help. It's a real emergency, and I'm desperate.

Is there any way, any?

thanks a lot

http://mail.yahoo.com