Re: Gnome 2.10 going in to etch today

On Mon, 2005-09-12 at 22:21 -0700, Marc Wilson wrote:
> On Mon, Sep 12, 2005 at 09:46:56PM -0500, a.list.address@gmail.com wrote:
> > On 9/12/05, H. S. <hs.samix@gmail.com> wrote:
> > >  Neither can I. gnomeo-desktop-environment depends upon sound-juicer >
> > > 2.10.1. And such a sound-juicer doesn't exist in Debian Testing at present.
> >
> > And this begs the question, why does gnome-desktop-environment
> > *depend* on something like sound-juicer?
>
> Because the whole reason the "gnome-desktop-environment" *meta-package*
> exists is to give you a complete Gnome.  Not Gnome minus whatever *this*
> cluebie doesn't like, whatever *that* cluebie doesn't like, etc.

[snip ranting]

Excuse me, are you some kind of crank? People come to this list asking
all kinds of questions and if the only answers you can give are rude and
intolerant (but not remotely helpful) then perhaps it would be better if
you didn't post at all. Debian has enough on its plate at the moment
without needing a free entry to the top ten most unhelpful mailing lists
award.

As it happens sound-juicer isn't a particularly impressive app and, yes,
people might well wonder why it appears to be so pivotal.

:)

Fish