Re: Debian "install server" setup

Preston Boyington wrote:
Thank you and I will start looking at apt-proxy.

Most likely I won't (currently) need anything more than apt-proxy. BUT, when I decide to open my connection to others (I am one of the
few that has more than dial-up in my area) what will I need to do to
allow them to install/update from my LAN?  It won't happen for a while
(two months at least) so I will have plenty of time to study up on
what is needed.

Another, possibly more simple, option you might like to look at is to simply share your package directory via NFS. I do this for a LAN of about 6 computers and it works great.

Brett