Re: ldconfig responds with Illegal Instruction, cannot

luc.saffre@gmx.net wrote:

>I can report the same problem.
>
>"aptitude upgrade" fails because a series of post-installation scripts
>exits with "28690 Illegal instruction ldconfig". I also get "Illegal
>instruction" when invoking ldconfig manually.

<snip>

>My /etc/apt/sources.list contains:
>
>deb http://ftp.ee.debian.org/debian/ stable main non-free contrib
>deb http://non-us.debian.org/debian-non-US stable/non-US main contrib
>non-free
>deb http://ftp.ee.debian.org/debian/ testing main non-free contrib
>deb http://non-us.debian.org/debian-non-US testing/non-US main contrib
>non-free
>deb http://excess.org/ unstable main
># cherrypy and cherrytemplate
>deb http://ftp.jahber.org/debian/ sarge/
>deb-src http://ftp.jahber.org/debian/ sarge/
>
>After the first failure I removed the line "deb http://excess.org/
>unstable main" without noticing any difference. I also read Chapter 6 -
>Debian package management of the Debian Reference at without getting
>enlightment...

Ah.

Chris: What does your "/etc/apt/sources.list" look like? Do you have any
non-official sources in it? Do you have a mix of branches, and if so,
what's the order of them?

apt[itude] reads the first listings as the most preferred source, so
you've now got a mixed system, pulling a few things from testing which
are not in stable, but preferring stable for most packages. This is
probably a recipe for brokenness. If it were me, I'd go ahead and
upgrade to testing (or even unstable).

--
Kent