Re: fhs: where to mount other PCs ?

Markus.Grunwald@pruftechnik.com wrote:
According to fhs, where should I mount network shares, e.g. a share for data exchange within a company ? /mnt is for temporary use only, but I don't know a better place...

Historically, I've always mounted them at /nfs/machine-name/whatever. The important point is to make the data appear at the same place on the serving machine as well (using symlinks), for portability.

Looking at fhs, I'd guess the correct place is under /srv, so my vote would go for:
  /srv/machine-name/whatever
or possibly
  /srv/nfs/machine-name/whatever

Cheers, Dave

BTW as regards media, fhs has this to say:

/media : Mount point for removeable media
Purpose

This directory contains subdirectories which are used as mount points for removeable media such as floppy disks, cdroms and zip disks.