Re: Not able to print page footer or header.

On 09/06/2005 11:52 AM, Simo Kauppi wrote:

[...]

> I printed a test page with CUPS (from the CUPS admin page in
> localhost:631) which gave me a nice border showing the printable area.
> From that I got the values to use in firefox Print->Properties...
> dialog.
>
> I think the values in the Page setup... dialog adjust the placement of
> the actual content of the web page so those values should be a little
> bigger than the values in the Print->Properties... dialog. Not sure
> though :)
>
> Simo

Simo, you solved my problem too!

1) Print test page from CUPS, http://localhost:631/ , get exact
printable page size
2) Firefox: File -> Print -> Properties -> set margins per above
3) Firefox: File -> Page Setup -> Margins & Header/Footer -> set greater
than margins in step 2.

RESULT: Headers/footers print cleanly as expected.

(Ignore my post on this topic on 30 August that pointed to open bugzilla
bug reports.)

Thanks,

Ralph