Re: Not able to print page footer or header.

On Mon, Sep 05, 2005 at 09:40:51PM -0400, David R. Litwin wrote:
> > The upper-left corner of the "page content" slightly overwrites the
> > upper-left header field. Do I need to "tweak" things just a bit more?
> > Would I use a value less than or greater than 0.25?
>

> Honestly, I have no idea. It works for me (for now). Feel free to tweak and
> report your findings. Myabe I've done some thing worng.
>
> Also, there is a bit more "space" below the footer than above the header.
> > Maybe something is wrong with my printer?
>

> I would say there is no thing wrong with the Hard-Ware. In my (limited)
> experience, it is gnerally human-error (or some such thing). keep Tweaking
> and I'm sure it will work.
>
> --
> ???A watched bread-crumb never boils.
> ???My hover-craft is full of eels.
> ?????? <--You've just been Interrobanged.
> ???[...]and that's the he and the she of it.

I printed a test page with CUPS (from the CUPS admin page in
localhost:631) which gave me a nice border showing the printable area.
From that I got the values to use in firefox Print->Properties...
dialog.

I think the values in the Page setup... dialog adjust the placement of
the actual content of the web page so those values should be a little
bigger than the values in the Print->Properties... dialog. Not sure
though :)

Simo
--
:r ~/.signature