slow dns lookup

gaash, latest in a barrage or problems related to movingm y computer
from work to home.

at work, this computer was exposed directly to the internet; for DNS it
used the university dns servers

Now it sits at home, and uses the cheap wireless router as the primary
DNS.  DNS is MADDENINGLY slow, much much slower than it used to be at
work and also much slower than it is on the other machines on my network
(both running debian).  Ther esolv.conf files on all 3 machines are the
same.  So where should I look to try to figure out what the problem is??

Thanks,

Matt