Re: X.Org Hits Testing: Xorg MGA driver problem?

David E. Fox a écrit :
On Thu, 08 Sep 2005 12:12:17 +0200
Aurélien Campéas <aurelien.campeas@free.fr> wrote:

Ben Pearre a écrit :

I'm very sorry for the possibly off-topic reply.

I have had one problem since my Unstable system went to Xorg, and I
don't know whether this is the place to air it.  Please forgive if
not.  If this is interesting, ask me for more info, as I've tried to
keep this brief:

[snip]

Same here : for an old MGA (Matrox Video Card), I have a corrupted display (completely unusable). I tested xorg yesterday and had to

By any chance is your Matrox a Millenium G450? That's what I've been
using now for about four years. I had it working at one time with X.org
but that was back when I was using Mandrake. I also have been trying to
get the acceleration stuff working - but without success.

In fact it's a quite old MGA 1064SG. Maybe the support for this is fading as few people still use it.

For the moment, I'm still using XFree from sarge. Is there a compelling
reason to switch to X.org?

The only compelling reason would be the end of xfree support for me.

Aurélien.