Re: X.Org Hits Testing: Xorg MGA driver problem?

On Thu, 08 Sep 2005 12:12:17 +0200
Aurélien Campéas <aurelien.campeas@free.fr> wrote:

> Ben Pearre a écrit :
> > I'm very sorry for the possibly off-topic reply.
> >
> > I have had one problem since my Unstable system went to Xorg, and I
> > don't know whether this is the place to air it.  Please forgive if
> > not.  If this is interesting, ask me for more info, as I've tried to
> > keep this brief:
>
> [snip]
>
> Same here : for an old MGA (Matrox Video Card), I have a corrupted
> display (completely unusable). I tested xorg yesterday and had to

By any chance is your Matrox a Millenium G450? That's what I've been
using now for about four years. I had it working at one time with X.org
but that was back when I was using Mandrake. I also have been trying to
get the acceleration stuff working - but without success.

For the moment, I'm still using XFree from sarge. Is there a compelling
reason to switch to X.org?

dfox@tsoft.com                            change magnetic patterns
dfox@m206-157.dsl.tsoft.com               on your hard disk.