Re: Exchange replacement

On 9/9/05, Hans du Plooy <hansdp-lists@sagacit.com> wrote:

Hi,

I've given up on trying to get a decent free OSS replacement for
Exchange - it's simply not worth the time and effort for the avarage SME.
What are you looking for in an Exchange replacement?
Email, Group Calendaring, common directory, light collaboration, use of Outlook as client, off-line client (Windows desktop)? Do you want it all in one place (like Outlook & Exchange's web client)? What is your scalability (most-times SME ranges from my 4 person shop to ~1,000 employees)?
What is the rest of your infrastructure (Windows, Debian, mixed)?

All these move you in different directions.

Dave
www.hornfordassociates.com