Re: Compiling Kernel for Bootsplash: The Whole Seven Metres.

On Mon, Sep 05, 2005 at 10:51:46PM -0400, David R. Litwin wrote:

> I'm using Sid

Isn't this perhaps the problem?  I've been trying to get to grips
with debian for years and I haven't ventured outside stable.  I
still feel out of my depth and - no offence meant, honestly -
you're obviously out of your depth and you shouldn't think you
have the right to demand answers to all your questions.

Why not get some experience with sarge?  If it hasn't got what you
want, try another distribution or go back to Windows?

Again, please don't take offence, but you have to be realistic.

Cheers,
David

--
David Jardine

"Running Debian GNU/Linux and
loving every minute of it."  -L. von Sacher-M.(1835-1895)