Re: Compiling Kernel for Bootsplash: The Whole Seven Metres.

All was going well until:

$ make xconfig
*
* Unable to find the QT installation. Please make sure that the
* QT development package is correctly installed and the QTDIR
* environment variable is set to the correct location.
*
make[1]: *** [scripts/kconfig/.tmp_qtcheck] Error 1
make: *** [xconfig] Error 2

I looked in Synaptic for qt-dev and the closest I found was: qt4-dev-tools. Is that what I need? Won't that screw with KDE (I'm using Sid and haven't upgraded any thing involving KDE and its components)?

Also, one good-man mentioned that I would need to configure GRUB when I install the kernel. Every time I have apt-got a linux-image, it says it is searching for GRUB and modifying it accordingly (and, in fact, also for Bootsplash). Why wouldn't it work this time? How can I configure GRUB when I need GRUB to access linux?

Thank you kindly.

--
—A watched bread-crumb never boils.
—My hover-craft is full of eels.