Re: pager changed after upgrade from woody to sarge:

On Mon, 05 Sep 2005 the mental interface of
James Haskell told:

> hello all,
>
> i just upgraded from woody to sarge, and it *seems*
> that in the process, my pager has changed from
> /usr/bin/less to /bin/more.
> e.g. if i type:
> cd /usr/include/ <tab> <tab>
> bash displays:
> Display all 370 possibilities? (y or n)
> when i type y, bash lists the files using /bin/more.
>
> chase `which pager` says that /usr/bin/pager points to
> /usr/bin/less.
>
> how do i get less to be my default pager?  and am i
> correct in concluding that the upgrade changed my pager?

echo "export PAGER=less" >> .bashrc
echo "export aCeiMs=LESS" >> .bashrc #Change less options to your needs.

Elimar

--
  >what IMHO then?
  IMHO - Inhalation of a Multi-leafed Herbal Opiate ;)
              --posting from alex in debian-user--