Re: installation problems with SATA drives

On Sun, Sep 04, 2005 at 02:52:50PM -0700, SALAH NOURI wrote:
> Hi,
> did anybody figure out how to install debian on a machine with 2 or more
> SATA drives?
> i get the error "no partitionable media" when booting the installer with
> the default parameters.
> and booting with expert26 gives me "no common cd-rom drive was detected".

I installed on a new machine whose only drive is sata. As I recall the
drive was recognized and my only partitioning problem was with the lvm
partition. I used the regular linux26 kernel.

That is I had no problem after I discovered that I had stupidly failed
to connect the power cable to the sata drive.

Does the BIOS find the drives?

--
"Democracy is a form of government that substitutes election by the
 incompetent many for appointment by the corrupt few." -- George Bernard Shaw