Re: non-free internet radio?

On Sun, Sep 04, 2005 at 11:05:58AM -0700, Colin Andrews wrote:

> [...] I know that Real has a linux version of
> their player, but I'd rather not install it. Real player for windows always
> seems like total spyware, and it's totaly anoying with all ads & popups it puts
> up even if it isn't spyware.

The linux version of realplayer is actually pretty clean and free of the
junk that they put in the windows version. In fact, I've set it up as my
default mozilla mp3 handler because it loads so much faster than xmms.

Christian Marillat has a debianized version in his repository so you can
give it a shot without too much hassle.

dt

--
Dave Thayer           | Whenever you read a good book, it's like the
Denver, Colorado USA  | author is right there, in the room talking to