Re: Was this question too technical for this group? : Is the %ESP register special?

On Sunday 04 September 2005 15:55, Hendrik Boom wrote:
> Was this question too technical for this list?
> If so, where do you recommend I ask it again?
>
> -- hendrik
>
> > Using assembler in debian on an intel platform.
> >
> > Is the %ESP register special in any way (except, of course,
> > ist use in the POP and PUSH istructions and their friends.)

I understand what you're asking, but I don't know the answer. You might want
to ask on a more techinal forum where people are more likely to know this
without needing to do tons of research, like a gcc or kernel mailing list.

Good luck! =)

--
Wesley J. Landaker <wjl@icecavern.net> <xmpp:wjl@icecavern.net>