Re: Alt+numbers for special characters (e with acute accent, for example)

I am still running XFree86, so I am not sure if this will apply to you.
Based on the version of KDE you are using, it seems like you are on Sid.
Anyhow, in /etc/X11/XF86Config-4, I have these lines in the keyboard
section:

        Option          "XkbLayout"     "us,us_intl"
        Option          "XkbOptions"    "grp:win_switch"

I don't use KDE, so I am not sure, but I seem to recall that KDE has its
own way of handling changes to the keyboard layout.  Since I use
WindowMaker and my wife uses GNOME, I wanted something that would apply
in both cases.  However, I know that GNOME has its own keyboard layout
applet and I would surprised if KDE did not.

I am running Sid. I beleive KDE does have a lay-out: I shall attempt to find it.

I appreciate your Advice. Thank-ee.

--
—A watched bread-crumb never boils.
—My hover-craft is full of eels.