Re: Alt+numbers for special characters (e with acute accent, for example)

You want to use the deadkeys layout.  On my system, I have it set to use
the Windows key as a "quick switch" sort of setup.  I don't always use
the deadkeys, but when I need it I want it to be fairly easy.

Hmm.... This doesn't seem like quite what I want, but it will do very nicely. I've read vaguely about this, but haven't really found a guide as to how to do it. How do I go about setting this up? I use KDE 3.4.1, if that is of assistance. The reason I ask forthwith is because I'm typoing some thing in French and could use this as soon as I can: it makes my life a lot easier.

I thank you Kindly in advance.

--
—A watched bread-crumb never boils.
—My hover-craft is full of eels.