Re: OT: Electoral College [Re: U.S. federal income tax program]

On Mon, Aug 29, 2005 at 12:15:09PM -0400, Hal Vaughan wrote:

> Thanks for proving my point by focusing on one point and getting stuck on it
> instead of looking at the overall picture.
>
> Now look at how much government grew, including how big the debt grow under
> Reagan, Bush, and Bush, compared to Clinton.  The closest thing we've had to
> a real Republican President since Eisenhower is Clinton.

Nice try.  The debt growth did not slow under Clinton.  The GDP growth
accelerated.  Clinton was in the right place at the right time.  Most of
the graphs you see depicting a decline in the national debt are labeled
"The National Debt as Percentage of the Gross Domestic Product" which,
when coupled with the dot-com bubble of the late '90s, makes it quite
clear what really happened.

Besides, Clinton is about as responsible for the bubble itself as Bush
is for the burst of the bubble.  Everyone knows that the real economic
genius in the federal government is Greenspan.

-Roberto

--
Roberto C. Sanchez
http://familiasanchez.net/~roberto