Re: OT: Electoral College [Re: U.S. federal income tax program]

On Monday 29 August 2005 02:26 am, Steve Lamb wrote:
> Hal Vaughan wrote:
> > On Monday 29 August 2005 12:40 am, Roberto C. Sanchez wrote:
> >>First off, it would be nice if more people held that view.  Maybe then
> >>we would not be suffering at the hands of liberals and neo-cons that
> >>think that the only way to accomplish anything is with a bigger
> >>government that dictates people's personal lives to them.
> >
> > It's not liberals that feel that way.  Liberal has just become a
> > catch-all word used by people that want to blame someone else for doing
> > what they think is wrong.
>
>     I used to think that way but once you look at it, nope, they're one of
> the bigger causes of the problem.  The difference is the liberals wrap
> their stink in an outer coating of "but we're helping people."  Let's not
> forget the latest fiasco...  OMG, a hack of GTA, a game where one jacks
> cars, starts and actively participatesin gang wars, goes on assasin hits
> and other nice things.... allows you to see a bad sex scene!  We must have
> legislation!  We need to get to the bottom of this!  The top screacher in
> Congress?  Hillary Rodham Clinton, New York (D).  Going to try to sell me
> the line she's not a liberal?  If you want to see a liberal dictating
> larger government at tbe expense of a person's personal life just look for
> the word "protect" and you'll spot it.  It's a bingo if "protect" is
> followed almost immediately by "children".

Thanks for proving my point by focusing on one point and getting stuck on it
instead of looking at the overall picture.

Now look at how much government grew, including how big the debt grow under
Reagan, Bush, and Bush, compared to Clinton.  The closest thing we've had to
a real Republican President since Eisenhower is Clinton.

Hal