spamassassin rules question

I have been running spamassassin on my own server for quite a wile and
been very happy with it.  Recently I contracted with an ISP, and one of
the things I have been passed with was to take over their spamassassin
server.

Like mine, they were a debian install with the generic ruleset that
comes when installed with Debian, but their original sys admin updated
their rulesets on several occassions.  My question is, looking at my own
rulesets I noticed the all the ruleset filenames start with numbers such
as

10_misc.cf          20_dnsbl_tests.cf      20_html_tests.cf
20_ratware.cf        25_hashcash.cf  30_text_fr.cf  60_whitelist.cf
user_prefs.template
20_anti_ratware.cf  20_drugs.cf            20_meta_tests.cf
20_uri_tests.cf      25_spf.cf       30_text_nl.cf  65_debian.cf
20_body_tests.cf    20_fake_helo_tests.cf  20_phrases.cf     23_bayes.cf
25_uribl.cf     30_text_pl.cf  languages
20_compensate.cf    20_head_tests.cf       20_porn.cf
25_body_tests_es.cf  30_text_de.cf   50_scores.cf

But upon looking at the rulesets on their server and on
rulesemporium.com I noticed that most of the filenames start with 70 &
60...etc

SO, my question is, what do the numbers signify?  are they a level, or a
release number or ?

Wayne