Re: OT: Electoral College [Re: U.S. federal income tax program]

Katipo wrote:
> What I like about "mob rule", is that after the initial stages where a
> dumbed down, general population had made a few painful mistakes, and it
> had sunk in that they were big people now

    Hate to tell it you but that isn't the case.  What often happens is that
in mob rule people think, "Weee, we can order other people around to do more
for us so we can slack."  Notice the plethora of vote buying schemes over on
this side of the pond where just that happens.  We can see it in action.
Politicians promise more money for the largest voting block which they
confiscate from the smallest voting block.  Not only that they villify the
smaller voting blocks.  Certainly hasn't increased the general education level
of the larger block.  In fact it is quite the contrary.  The mob is perfectly
content to continue to take, to give less, until that power to take is
removed.  That is why mob rule should be avoided completely.