Re: U.S. federal income tax program

On Sun, Aug 28, 2005 at 05:53:16PM -0700, Paul Johnson wrote:

> I had the USPS tell me that a certified package was delivered, only to have
> the recipient tell me that it wasn't delivered, and the postmaster to tell me
> three weeks later that it was "lost."  That's honest?  That's reliable?

I'm not sure about your particular experience, but the USPS is about as
reliable as it gets.  They deliver more *parcels* in three days than
UPS, FedEx, DHL, etc. (combined) do all year.  That doesn't even count
letters and other pieces of mail.  Given that, the number of pieces of
mail that are lost are staggeringly low.

Not only that, but the USPS has been entrusted with shipping items like
rocks brought back from Luna by NASA and originals of either the
Constitution or the Bill of Rights (I forget which).

> Spammers are given a bulk discount.  That's honest?

You have a real distorted view of the world, huh?  I guess that makes
Costco dishonest since they give a discount for buying in bulk.  What
about software vendors that give discounts for buying site licenses?
Fact is that anyone that presorts their mail and has a minimum amount
gets a discount.  This is hardly a new or unique idea in business.

> It takes 97 days on average for a letter to go from Beaverton to Wood Village,
> a distance of 30-odd miles.  If it gets delivered at all.  That's honest or
> reliable?

I don't know about your situation, but if this is true it should be
reported to the local postal instpectors.

-Roberto

--
Roberto C. Sanchez
http://familiasanchez.net/~roberto