Re: U.S. federal income tax program

On Sunday 28 August 2005 04:56 pm, John Hasler wrote:
> Paul Johnson writes:
> > Not sure I would risk jailtime and fines by sending something through a
> > known insecure, extremely unreliable and dishonest "delivery service,"
> > either.
>
> I have found the USPS to be quite reliable and honest.  In any case, if
> they were to lose my tax return the fact that they are owned by the US
> government would be a plus.  The IRS accepts a USPS postmark as an
> effective delivery date.  Send the return registered and you're
> bulletproof.

I had the USPS tell me that a certified package was delivered, only to have
the recipient tell me that it wasn't delivered, and the postmaster to tell me
three weeks later that it was "lost."  That's honest?  That's reliable?

Spammers are given a bulk discount.  That's honest?

It takes 97 days on average for a letter to go from Beaverton to Wood Village,
a distance of 30-odd miles.  If it gets delivered at all.  That's honest or
reliable?