Diablo II in Wine for multiple users

My oldest son is running Diablo II and World of Warcraft
on Wine on sarge.

But my youngest son wants to play too.

So my oldest son had a permissions question.  How should
he set permissions on everything involved so that they
can use the same copy of these programs?  (Not simultaneously
of course).  The trouble seems to be that these programs
maintin history and save files and such, presumably created
with the user ID of the first user to create them, in directories
that are owned by someone, and are thereafter unavailable
for writing later...  And he doesn't really know where
these games store all these data either.  And he doesn't want
his little brother to accidentally clobber his own saved games
and such.

If only all this stuff would be kept in ~/.diabloii or some such,
but that doesn't seem to be the way the games were written.

-- hendrik