Re: call for a vote -- should debian-user mailing list replies go to author or to list?

Wulfy wrote:

> <quote src="Marc Wilson">
>
> Oh, you use a brain-dead mailer that thinks it knows better than you?
>  Your loss.  Think about it.
>
> </quote>
>
> If the mailer is "brain-dead" and I think it knows better than I do

Parse error.  Marc said the opposite:

The _mailer_ is brain-dead because among other things _it_ thinks it
knows better than you.  Marc was commenting on your mailer, and his
message conveys that you are smarter than your mailer.  You smart.
Mailer dumb.  Conclusion: get new mailer.

> I have had some ideas from this thread.

Your idea is good.  It has already been implemented in mailers that have
already been mentioned.  If you really want those ideas incorporated
into mozilla, I would suggest that you find a more appropriate venue
for them: search bugzilla.mozilla.org and find the relevant wishlist
bugs (I'm sure they're already there) and add your own comments and
votes.