Re: How to automatic restore alsamixer settings with alsa-utils?

On Fri, Aug 26, 2005 at 12:30:11PM +0200, Tim Ruehsen wrote:
> > There is some documentation at the top of /etc/init.d/alsa, and also in
> > /usr/share/doc/alsa*/ .
>
> Due to the docs in /etc/init.d/alsa-utils, /etc/rcS.d/S50alsa-utils should be
> the right choice to restore alsa settings.

What happens when you execute the following?
/etc/init.d/alsa-utils stop
/etc/init.d/alsa-utils start

You could also try unloading and reloading the driver module for your
soundcard in between.
If nothing helps, you can always execute the script with debugging turned on
(set -x) or add some debugging output to it.

> Do you know how to switch /var/log/boot.log (or similar) on? I definitely do
> not have the boot messages written into a log file. See this:
> -rw-r--r--  1 root root 4036 Dec 29  2003 boot
> -rw-r--r--  1 root root 3306 Dec 11  2003 boot.0
> It stopped ~Dec 29th 2003.
> Some experiments with /etc/syslog.conf and local7.* just generated an empty
> file.

Set BOOTLOGD_ENABLE=yes in /etc/default/bootlogd.

The bootlog mechanism doesn't use syslog - bootlogd writes to the
logfile directly.

Mirko