Re: blind spot for java

On 8/26/05, Graham Smith <graham@crazysquirrel.com> wrote:
> $file java
> java: ELF 32-bit LSB executable, Intel 80386, version 1 (SYSV), for GNU/Linux
> 2.2.5, dynamically linked (uses shared libs), stripped

Crazy question: You are trying this from the 32-bit chroot, right?

> $ldd java
> /usr/bin/ldd: line 171: /lib/ld-linux.so.2: No such file or directory
> ldd: /lib/ld-linux.so.2 exited with unknown exit code (127)

Is this missing from your chroot?  Of course, if it were, then /bin/ls
wouldn't work either.  I'd guess this is where the real problem is.

If there's a statically linked version of java available, you might
give that a try.

--
Michael A. Marsh
http://www.umiacs.umd.edu/~mmarsh