Installation woes: How can I network boot a dell gx280, including tg3? May require kernel 2.6.12.

Dell Gx280 installation

Tigon3 ethernet card is not supported on the debian testing network
install download(kernel 2.6.8).
(http://cdimage.debian.org/pub/cdimage-testing/daily/)

Error:
[tg3:eth%d:Firmware "tg3/tso-1.4.0" not loaded; continuing without TS0]

The sarge network install failed due to missing modules, network
worked but I could not access my hard drive.

The issues (due to non free license) are allegedly resolved in 2.6.12 .

1/ Wait for testing network install to include 2.6.12
2/ Try another distro
3/ Install sarge from cd/dvd set (which is more likely to include the
relevent modules) and upgrade to testing
4/ Shoehorn kernel from www.kernel.org
5/ ???

Any suggestions?

I suppose my next angle of approach is 3.

I do have a flat screen which may need configuration so my journey is
just starting.

Thank you for your time,

Turloch