Re: blind spot for java

On Friday 26 August 2005 15:56, Michael Marsh wrote:
> On 8/26/05, Graham Smith <graham@crazysquirrel.com> wrote:
> > $file java
> > java: ELF 32-bit LSB executable, Intel 80386, version 1 (SYSV), for
> > GNU/Linux 2.2.5, dynamically linked (uses shared libs), stripped
>
> Crazy question: You are trying this from the 32-bit chroot, right?
>
> > $ldd java
> > /usr/bin/ldd: line 171: /lib/ld-linux.so.2: No such file or directory
> > ldd: /lib/ld-linux.so.2 exited with unknown exit code (127)
>
> Is this missing from your chroot?  Of course, if it were, then /bin/ls
> wouldn't work either.  I'd guess this is where the real problem is.
>
> If there's a statically linked version of java available, you might
> give that a try.

Thanks for all the help. I've got it working now. It was simply a matter of
making this link in the host system

ln -s /var/chroot/sid-ia32/lib/ld-linux.so.2 /lib/ld-linux.so.2

fingers crossed that doesn't break anything else though.

I have been do all of this diagnosis from the host system with the exception
of the one "ls -ld /lib/ld-linux*" command that I ran in the 32 bit chroot to
see if I had ld-linux.so.2 in there. I haven't had a problem with this set up
before and the 32bit JVM seems quite happy running like this. Perhaps I
should move it into the chroot though.

There are no statically linked versions of Sun Java to the best of my
knowledge.

Graham