Re: Can't install Sarge on an HP NetServer

On Thu, 25 Aug 2005 21:33:32 +0100, Clive Menzies wrote:

> I've got an LH3 also upgraded to sarge recently (from an original woody
> install) and upgrading with aptitude worked flawlessly.  I also had a
> couple of LHPro200's which I've now given away but the last one also
> upgraded to sarge without a problem.  The all booted off the SCSI RAID
> drives.
>
> Regards
>
> Clive

First of all, thanks to you all. You suggestion are really helpful. But unfortunately I'm still having troubles and I'm desperate.

I tried installing Woody (booting with vanilla) and adding as an apt source only the first CD (yes I have CDs because it's an internal server and can't connect it to internet).
Then I rebooted and added the first three Sarge CDs (because adding all 14 CDs requires too much time just to see if things works).
Then I launched apt-get dist-upgrade.
After a few question, it apt-get finished.
Then I rebooted the machine.
And... THE SYSTEM HANGS.
It just write "LI" (maybe it starts to write LILO?) and hangs :(

Don't know why, and actually don't know how to proceed.
I'm thinking that there is no way of installing.
Would adding all 7 Woody CDs and all the 14 Sarge CDs make the installation and upgrade process work?

Furthermore, I need to have LVM management and this is further compicating the installation.

RedHat installs with no problem, but I really liked to have Debian because I know it is better :). Only that it is so hard to install...

Best regards,
Marco Ballini

6X velocizzare la tua navigazione a 56k? 6X Web Accelerator di Libero!
Scaricalo su INTERNET GRATIS 6X http://www.libero.it